When your loved ones in the Grand Rapids and Holland, Michigan area need a little extra care, Elders’ Helpers has the quality home care services you need. We aim to improve our customers’ quality of life by providing essential in-home care options.
Our compassionate, experienced staff has the knowledge and training to help your parents or relatives live safely in their own homes. We have the expertise to offer flexible homemaking and companionship care that fits your unique situation.
Our professional staff provides senior care to help maintain a clean, comfortable, and safe environment for your loved one.
What are homemaking services?
Professionals offering this type of service do light housekeeping, run errands, and help with necessary tasks around the house.
What do homemaking services include?
Elders’ Helpers assists older adults who want to live independently by offering many in-home options, including:
- Sweeping, vacuuming, and dusting
- Kitchen and bathroom cleaning
- Laundry and ironing
- Changing bed linens
- Grocery shopping
- Meal preparation
- Picking up prescriptions
- Pet care
- Plant care
- Organizing assistance
- Routine maintenance like replacing smoke detector batteries and air filters
How can homemaking services help your loved one?
Homemaking helps your family members live comfortably without having to address a multitude of daily chores. Even if your loved ones can manage the household tasks, it may be difficult or exhausting for them to do so. Having help around the house enables them to spend more time on things they enjoy, improving their quality of life and increasing happiness.
The companionship services offered by Elders’ Helpers in the Holland and Grand Rapids, MI, area help abate the potential for seniors to become lonely or socially isolated. Our compassionate caregivers interact with your loved ones regularly to promote optimal mental and physical health.
What are companionship services?
Some of the services we provide include:
- Fellowship and conversations
- Reminders to take medications or attend appointments
- Healthy eating support
- Games, reading, crafts, movies, and other entertainment
- Safety assessments
- Transportation to appointments, meetings, or social events
What are the benefits of companionship services?
Many advantages result from this kind of care:
- Maintain good mental health
- Alleviate depression
- Create a positive outlook
- Offer opportunities for fun
- Relay crucial information to family members
Are companionship services suitable for your family member?
If you are considering this type of senior care for your relative, ask yourself the following:
- Do you need respite from handling everything?
- Do you live a significant distance from your parents?
- Are your loved ones feeling isolated?
- Do your older relatives want help cleaning or driving?
Trying to assist your loved ones can feel overwhelming. When you hire professional homemaking and companionship care services, you can take a breath of relief knowing your family is in good hands. Contact Elders’ Helpers today to discuss your particular wishes and needs.